Facility Management Services
AKTOR’s FM expertise in delivering innovative solutions for airports is certified by the maintenance of the Baggage Handling System (BHS) of the Athens International Airport (AIA). Our company is responsible for the Preventive, Reactive, Corrective and Predictive Maintenance of the BHS of the airport.
The BHS of the AIA consists of two fully independent automated baggage halls which include the following:
- Sorters: 2 tilt tray sorters (1 per hall) with 200 trays per sorting system, 1.9 m/sec speed and sorting capability of 4,675 baggage/hour per system
- Check in: 144 ticket-control points with a capacity of 4,320 baggage/hour per hall
- Hold-Baggage-Inline-Screening-System: 4 screening lines per hall with total of 4,620 baggage/hour
- Reclaim Baggage Loops: 11 loops in total
- Transfer lines: 2 transfer lines per hall with a capacity of 122 baggage/hour per line transfer
- Early bag: 5 conveyor lines per Hall, 283 m total length per hall, 331 bags per hall
- Manual Encoding Stations (MES): 2 Stations per Hall with 360 baggage/hour per MES
- Intersorter: 1 conveyor line (per hall) for interconnection of the 2 Baggage halls, 181 baggage/hour per hall
- Out of Gauge lines: 1 line of oversize – overweight baggage per hall
- Level 3: 230 bags/hour per
In Athens International Airport our company conducted the upgrade of the Programming Logic Controller (PLC) with regards to the Oil Separator Pumps installation, as part of the offering “Turn Key Products” construction services.
AKTOR FM also undertook the air duct painting of the halls using a special personnel for work at height.